Labour law 2017-06-05T02:22:57+00:00
Areas of practice > For your business

Labour law.

The founders of the firm, Ms.Banu and Mr. Ilter Yilmaz has focused their practice exclusively to labour law in the early 1970’s prior to foundation of the firm. Therefore since the time that Yilmaz Law Offices was found in 1983, the firm’s leading area of practice has been labour law and the firm has been representing and consulted individual and corporate clients in labour law. Our clientele within labour law ranges from foreign corporations employing over 1,000 employees to two major universities in Istanbul. But mainly we are targeting middle sized companies. The head of our labour law department is Ms.Rana YILMAZ.

In labour law we mainly deal with;

Drafting The Employment Contracts:

When drafting the employment contracts we avoid using standard templates. Prior to drafting we question the client in detail and prepare separate contracts for each specific group and try to minimise the risk.

Termination of The Employment Contracts:

Since the new Labour Code came into force it became more risky and even tricky for the employers to terminate the contract. Therefore we very much recommend that the client should be consulted with utmost care during the process.

Collective Labour Agreements:

Representing the clients in the negotiations of collective labour agreements against the workers union is one of our main fields since the foundation.

General Legal Advice:

We prefer to be a “team mate” with the client rather than to be communicated after the problem occurs. Therefore we try to keep the contact with the client as closed as we can.

“We have worked with Cagatay Yilmaz and the Yilmaz Law team over several years on a range of corporate and labour law matters and have always found their advice and assistance prompt, sound and judicious.”

Eric WIDSTROM, Terraco Group

Please feel free contacting us should you have any questions or need more information. Your enquiry shall be replied within two business days by a competent lawyer.

Ask An Expert